This is me, trying to do some art and have some fun! AHOY THERE ME H-ARTY'S.

Sunday 15 June 2014

My Dad



This is my lovely Dad.  I don't think there is a photo of him where he doesn't have that lovely grin on his face.  He was kind hearted and fun.  He'd do anything he could for anyone and he'd never complain about it.  He loved to laugh and did so often! He was clever and knew exactly what to do in any situation, he was a good artist too.



My childhood is filled with memories of having fun, and laughing and of Dad doing whatever he could to make me smile.  He'd sing silly songs in silly voices and gave my teddies names and personalities! We'd have picnics in our living room when the weather was too bad to go outside and he made THE best dens in the world!



Whatever it was I wanted to do with life he was OK with and tried to help me as much as he could.  When I wanted to be an artists he bought me art supplies, when I wanted to be an architect he bought me squared paper so it was easier to plan out rooms! 



He was a good cook too.  He was the main cook in our house and would come up with his own recipes! He spent hours every day making his own pies and pasties after he retired! He took great care in everything he did so that it would be perfect!

I was a daddies girl, we did everything together and I loved him so much.  The day he was taken away from me was the hardest of my life, my heart broke in to a million little pieces and I thought it would never go back together again.  He was a wonderful man and I miss him more and more every day.


If I am half the person he was then I will be doing OK.  I wish I could wish him a Happy Fathers Day and give him a hug instead I just have to remember the good times we had together and try and smile and be happy :-)

4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful post Carol. He was just as lucky to have you as a daughter - he did a fantastic job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful tribute to your dad, who was clearly an amazing man.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely tribute to your Dad. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  4. He sounds like such a lovely man. I'm sure the best way to repay him for giving you life is to live it to the fullest and bring joy to the people around you. The same way he taught you to. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete